Friday, May 16, 2014

Team Work


Katrina and Miss Lily
 
Miss Lily, horrified by the deep water flowing down her Staten Island street, called Crisis Response in tears.  She has been watching our progress on her home eagerly awaiting when she and her family can move back home.  Now, she feared more damage.  When the team arrived, she requested that they go in first.  There was not a drop of water in her home!  Lily felt so blessed.  She wanted to bless others, so she went with the team to help others.  One volunteer, Marty, said at the end of the day, “I think God has been preparing me my whole life for the conversation I had with Lily.”
It was great to see Lily looking past her own needs to help meet the needs of others.  That is not easy to do.  Lily grew close to the Park City team working with her.  She remarked, “You guys are my family.”
Katrina Welsh, a staff member, noted, “My faith grows every day, because I see Him at work every day.  You can miss it because of the busyness of life.  Here, you’re just able to live it and see it every day.  My faith grows seeing the details.”
An inspired team member from Virginia said, “Watching you, it’s where I want to be, to be able to let go.  This week brought me a lot closer.”
One volunteer paid for repairs on Katrina’s car.  God sends some to serve in other places as missionaries, and He provides others to send out missionaries.  It is a partnership.  They are both an equally important part of the team.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment