Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Healthcare

I stood in line for a town meeting today, but was too far back to make the cutoff. People were orderly, even though there were a few very passionate discussions. I believe President Obama and Nancy Pelosi have done the most to hurt this bill through their comments. It is too early to know exactly what the bill will look like when it comes times to vote. It is still going through committees. The government has never done well at efficiently and economically running anything, so I do not expect government run health care to end up being a good option. The fact that they are not putting in wording to rule out abortion scares me. I do not want to end up paying for abortions. I believe in free enterprise rather than government control. I was interviewed by CBS and for some internet while there. Pat was interviewed by the New York Times and the Philadelphia Enquirer as well as for the internet. We stopped by Tim Holden's office which was a helpful, informative visit.

1 comment:

  1. Tim Holden has always been very responsive when I ask him questions. He often responds with a very well written and explanatory letter in response to my questions. He's a good guy.

    ReplyDelete